As we age, we lose volume in our face, which is responsible for hanging skin- resulting in wrinkles and bands- especially over the face and neck area. Sun exposure and smoking plays a vital role which is responsible for the appearance of wrinkles, loss of firmness, enlarged pores, while aging is also an important factor. To counter this, many neck creams are available that claim to tighten this area.
Many companies who sell these creams claim it will lift and firm your skin. Most of these creams do work on most of their users. But the bad side of such creams is, many are poorly formulated which might result in side effects or skin irritation. Different people have different skin issues. Some have sensitive skin so one should consult a dermatologist if concerned with a reaction. The ingredients below have an ability to address most common skin concerns. The following are common ingredients used In most neck firming creams- specifically targeted for this area of the body only:
1. Sun exposure is the primary cause for skin to lose its flexibility, so that’s why sunscreen is an important Ingredient in many firming creams. According to a recent study, less than 22% of us are actually applying sunscreen, so we should take it seriously and apply an SPF formulation in a cream or lotion form.
2. Potent antioxidants and skin restoring ingredients also have potential to make you look younger, that’s why such ingredients are also typically included.
3. Salicylic acid and glycolic acid is also commonly found and usually is safe at the right concentrations. These two ingredients help skin’s resilience bounce back.
4. Vitamin C. Yes, you heard it right. Vitamin C helps moisturize and heal your skin in a natural way. It is generally safe even at very high doses, though most creams use the fat-soluble version, Vitamin C Ester or ascorbyl palmitate as it’s called.
5. Anti-aging creams or anti-sagging creams also usually contain two more things as an ingredient: Retinol and Niacinamide which can improve almost every aspect of one’s skin. Such ingredients have the ability to heal your skin.
It is always important that your skin care products are packaged in airtight containers and don’t place them in a hot area or in direct sunlight.
Most of these creams are safe to use. Discontinue use if your skin has a harmful reaction. To read reviews of common treatments and their effectiveness, visit neckcream.org